This app packages JupyterHub 1.0.0 (datascience-notebook@2ce7c06a61a1).
Notebook container image
This app uses the data science
notebook image by default. This image is ~2GB and is downloaded during
app startup. This can take a bit of time depending on the network speed.
The Jupyter Notebook is an open-source web application that allows you
to create and share documents that contain live code, equations,
visualizations and narrative text. Uses include: data cleaning and
transformation, numerical simulation, statistical modeling, data visualization,
machine learning, and much more.
- Language of choice - Python, R, Julia, and Scala
- In-browser editing for code, with automatic syntax highlighting, indentation, and tab completion/introspection.
- The ability to execute code from the browser, with the results of computations attached to the code which generated them.
- Displaying the result of computation using rich media representations, such as HTML, LaTeX, PNG, SVG, etc. For example, publication-quality figures rendered by the matplotlib library, can be included inline.
- In-browser editing for rich text using the Markdown markup language, which can provide commentary for the code, is not limited to plain text.
- The ability to easily include mathematical notation within markdown cells using LaTeX, and rendered natively by MathJax.